Our world is tough and fast. In order to be successful in modern society, you have to meet its needs and requirements, to be mobile and creative.
In such conditions, there is practically no time for ordinary human communication. Each person himself solves the problem of communication and in the way that is available to him.
The Internet is a place for communication
Of great importance for communication between people in the modern world are information technologies and the Internet. Given the development of the Internet and its spread in modern society, we can confidently say that today it is the most common and popular way of communication.
On the Internet today you can find enough services that will help you to have an interesting evening, talking with a person who lives on a nearby street or in a distant country.
Among the most popular communication services are:
- social groups. Here you can meet completely different people with diverse interests and opinions;
- forums and chats. Here, as a rule, there are a lot of with common interests and topics;
- dating websites. On such resources, men and women find their love and build romantic relationships;
- online games. These resources are quite specific and gamers communicate here;
- video chats. This type of communication allows you to feel almost all the benefits of live communication, because you can see and hear a real interlocutor.
How to manage your virtual communication
Communication in the Internet cannot be regarded simply as an exchange of information. If you want to enjoy communication, you have to understand emotions and feelings.
Communication management skills are important enough for any person and everyone want to have them. The effectiveness of communication depends on several factors that can be divided into internal and external.
Internal factors affecting the ability to effectively communicate and manage this process include our own psychological abilities:
- tact and ability to introspection;
- observation and the ability to assess the situation;
- the ability to tell the truth and recognize this ability in others;
- life experience and intuition, etc.
External factors that can help manage communication and influence its development include the following:
- the environment where communication takes place. You must always remember this factor, try to use it correctly;
- communication situation. If you want to succeed in communication, model the situation correctly. For example, avoid conflict situations. Of course, you cannot foresee everything, then you have to improvise;
- correct assessment of the interlocutor. You should try to understand in advance who you want or will communicate with;
- conversation in a ‘common language’. For successful communication you have to hold a dialogue in a language that everyone understands.